Kellogg Food Technologist Opportunities in BATTLE CREEK, Michigan
We are always interested in hearing from talented Food Technologists. Lead with us as you support food process technology projects and programs including scale-up and introduction of new Kellogg products, product quality improvements, productivity increases, and capacity changes in Kellogg North America Manufacturing. Engage with us as you impact our success as a technical resource to various functions within the company and provide high impact support to project teams. Innovate with us as you apply your range of knowledge to create and define new processes or operating procedures that lead to competitive advantage for the company.
WHAT WILL I BE DOING?
In your role as Food Technologist you will be part of our success by:
• Exhibiting innovation in discovery, evaluation, and advancement of new technologies in the area of food/process research and development, which can have a significant impact on new products and/or processes, improved products and processes, and capital spending avoidance
• Converting developed formulas to production formulas for the manufacturing facilities
• Writing and issuing plant test/start up plans and reports and able to effectively communicate verbally and in writing to stakeholders (plant and corporate) as appropriate
• Leading or supporting new product ideas, ingredients, formulas, and processing as well as optimizing cost and efficiency on existing formulas and processes
• Supporting the testing of ingredients and processes using Design of Experiments
WHAT DO I NEED TO DEMONSTRATE?
As well as a hunger to learn and succeed in Research and Technology, to be considered for this position you must be able to meet the following requirements:
• Bachelor or Masters of Science Degree in Food Science, engineering, or related field
• Manage projects, plan and coordinate project activities, communicate progress and challenges, and be a technical expert
• Have flexibility to work beyond normal workday hours, shift work, and some weekends. Operation of process equipment is required
• Leadership, cost consciousness, communication skills, and diplomacy that will promote good relations with all facets of worldwide management and other technical and scientific disciplines in the effective execution of projects
• Function effectively as a Project Team Member and Technical Expert
• Internship in food or related field
WHAT ELSE DO I NEED TO KNOW?
• Traveling to manufacturing or test facilities 50-75% of the time
The ability to work a full shift, come to work on time, work overtime as needed and the ability to work according to the necessary schedule to meet job requirements with or without reasonable accommodation is an essential function of this position.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Where required by state law and/or city ordinance; this employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. For additional information, please follow this Link at https://e-verify.uscis.gov/emp/media/resourcesContents/EverifyPosterEnglish.pdf for English or this Link at http://e-verify.uscis.gov/emp/media/resourcesContents/EverifyPosterSpanish.pdf for Spanish.
Title: Food Technologist Opportunities
Location: USA-MI-Battle Creek - Corporate Headquarters
Requisition ID: RES000726
Job Function: Research and Development
Job Type: Professional
Closing Date: Sep 7, 2017, 11:59:00 PM
Relocation Assistance: Yes