Kellogg Sr. Director Global Sanitation in BATTLE CREEK, Michigan
Grow with us by providing leadership and strategic direction for best in class sanitation processes and programs across our global supply chain by guiding the development and execution of science based policies and procedures and partnering with manufacturing facilities to provide knowledge, capability and training. Innovate with us as you develop tools, training and communication to deploy strategic initiatives, train, mentor, and coach others in processes and programs as well as grow your career at Kellogg and enrich yourself as you work for a company that delights the world through foods and brands that matter.
WHAT WILL I BE DOING?
• Leading Sanitation strategies encompassing FSMA, HACCP, and other internal and external standards for our global manufacturing network.
• Serving as a member of the Kellogg Food Safety Advisory Board which identifies food safety risk and industry best practices to provide scientific and technical insight to the business.
• Serving as a member of the Global Quality Council which establishes the global quality management system and approves all KNA quality and food safety policy.
• Leading the Global Sanitation Technical Council and sets technical direction and priorities.
• Providing technical leadership to the KNA Incident Management Team to assess public health risk and recommend corrective actions.
• Leading and managing the global sanitation team in tactical implementation of programs supporting innovation, new facility and equipment start-ups.
• Identifying, developing, maintaining and implementing sanitation policy and programs to keep pace with future business needs, science and industry advancements for internal facilities, co-manufacturers, and suppliers through all stages from design through commercialization.
• Leading development of global policy and supporting processes for sanitation and auditing to drive cultural/behavior changes to meet internal and regulatory standards.
• Building relationships with relevant regulatory, academic, industry organizations to promote sanitation best practices.
• Managing and building talent across the global quality organization; models leadership behavior and leverages influence to develop and grow direct reports.
WHAT DO I NEED TO DEMONSTRATE?
As well as a hunger to learn and succeed in Food Safety & Quality, to be considered for this position you must be able to meet the following requirements:
• Advanced degree in Food Safety or Microbiology or related technical field.
• Extensive experience in a food manufacturing environment including HACCP/FSP team experience.
• Deep knowledge of hygienic design, root cause analysis and training
• Demonstrated track record of leading teams to establish best in class sanitation programs
• Communication skills and diplomacy that will promote good relations with management and other technical and scientific disciplines in the effective execution of projects to accomplish corporate objectives.
• Must be a recognized leader and possess understanding of RQT and operations; must demonstrate diplomacy with strong skills in communication, influencing, root cause analysis, risk assessment and corrective/preventive action.
• MS or PhD in Food Safety/Microbiology and substantial industry experience.
• Experience in frozen or refrigerated food environment (plant or corporate role)
• Experience in implementation of Food Safety plans and preventive controls
WHAT ELSE DO I NEED TO KNOW?
This role requires 40 to 50% global travel
Kellogg is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The ability to work a full shift, come to work on time, work overtime as needed and the ability to work according to the necessary schedule to meet job requirements with or without reasonable accommodation is an essential function of this position.
Where required by state law and/or city ordinance; this employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. For additional information, please follow this Link at https://e-verify.uscis.gov/emp/media/resourcesContents/EverifyPosterEnglish.pdf for English or this Link at http://e-verify.uscis.gov/emp/media/resourcesContents/EverifyPosterSpanish.pdf for Spanish.
Title: Sr. Director Global Sanitation
Location: USA-MI-Battle Creek - Corporate Headquarters
Requisition ID: QUA000492
Job Function: Quality
Job Type: Executive
Closing Date: Sep 1, 2017, 11:59:00 PM
Relocation Assistance: Yes