Kellogg Temporary Student Support - Finance in BATTLE CREEK, Michigan
Grow with us as a Student Support in our Finance area, where you’ll experience what it is like to be a Payroll Tax Associate with a company that delights the world through foods and brands that matter! As a Student Support on the Kellogg Finance team, you will have the opportunity to gain exposure to areas of Business including Payroll, Customer Service, and Collaboration with other Business Units of Kellogg. You’ll be part of our success while also shaping your own future through relevant training and experience.
WHAT WILL I BE DOING?
Below are examples of what you could be doing in your role as a Finance Student Support at Kellogg:
• Maintain account ledgers to show accurate reporting in regards to payments and entries for withholding and payment of taxes and support orders
• Develop solid reconciliation processes that support the Kellogg finance model and 404 controls.
• Communicate across the organization regarding issues of high importance and sensitive material
• Track confidential and highly sensitive information regarding employee records
• Partner with outside stakeholders including legal and legislative individuals
• Assist employees with tax and withholding related questions in a professional and efficient manner
WHAT DO I NEED TO DEMONSTRATE?
As well as a hunger to learn and succeed in Finance, to be considered for this position you must be able to meet the following requirements:
• Currently seeking an undergraduate degree with an emphasis on Finance, Accounting, or relevant Business Degree at an accredited college or university
• Apply intermediate accounting skills with focus on reconciliation of large spreadsheets
• Strong interpersonal (verbal and written) communication skills
• Demonstrate organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills
• Ability to maintain high level of confidentiality to sensitive employee data
• Must be able to work a minimum of 24 hours a week.
• Degree emphasis on Finance
• Experience with Microsoft Office, particularly Microsoft Excel
WHAT ELSE DO I NEED TO KNOW?
This position requires commitment of up to one year.
The ability to work a full shift, come to work on time, work overtime as needed and the ability to work according to the necessary schedule to meet job requirements with or without reasonable accommodation is an essential function of this position.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, disability, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, sexual orientation, age, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Where required by state law and/or city ordinance; this employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. For additional information, please follow this Link for English or this Link for Spanish.
Title: Temporary Student Support - Finance
Location: USA-MI-Battle Creek - Corporate Headquarters
Requisition ID: FIN002388
Job Function: Finance & Accounting
Job Type: Internship/Graduate
Closing Date: Oct 22, 2017, 10:59:00 PM