Kellogg Maintenance Mechanic in LANCASTER, Pennsylvania
Grow with us as a Maintenance Mechanic in one of our state-of-the-art facilities!
Working as a fundamental member of the manufacturing organization, you will be a key partner to Operations, Quality Food Safety and Environmental Health and Safety personnel. We are looking for a passionate team player who loves solving problems and is eager to help shape a strong future for our company and their career.
WHAT WILL I BE DOING?
In your role as at Kellogg, you will be part of our success by:
• Excellent troubleshooting skills and sense of machine timing
• Strong background in welding, cutting and sheet metal fabrication
• Machine shop experience and practical experience on lathes and milling machines
• Practical experience in pipefitting, plus hydraulic, pneumatic, steam and HVAC systems
• Strong troubleshooting ability to maintain high speed packing machinery
• Ability to troubleshoot and adjust timing related issues with high speed carton, and case packing machinery
• Knowledge of the electro mechanical interface of packaging machinery
• Troubleshoot and maintain belt and vibratory conveyor systems
• Experience in rigging and millwright work
• Experience selecting and configuring power transmission components
• Machine lubrication knowledge and experience
WHAT DO I NEED TO DEMONSTRATE?
As well as a hunger to learn and succeed in Manufacturing, to be considered for this position you must be able to meet the following requirements:
• High School Diploma or GED
• Effective communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
• Sitting, standing, walking, lifting and / or repetitive tasks throughout the day. Employee will be required to occasionally lift up to 50lbs
• Five years’ experience in a Manufacturing environment as a Production Maintenance Technician or three years of Manufacturing experience and a technical degree
• General knowledge of SAP or related computer system.
WHAT ELSE DO I NEED TO KNOW?
The ability to work a full shift, come to work on time, work overtime as needed and the ability to work according to the necessary schedule to meet job requirements with or without reasonable accommodation is an essential function of this position.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, disability, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, sexual orientation, age, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Where required by state law and/or city ordinance; this employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. For additional information, please follow this Link for English or this Link for Spanish.
Title: Maintenance Mechanic
Requisition ID: MAN004787
Job Function: Manufacturing and Distribution
Job Type: Hourly Paid
Closing Date: Aug 31, 2017, 10:59:00 PM
Relocation Assistance: No