Kellogg Plant Quality and Food Safety Manager in LOUISVILLE, Kentucky
Lead with us as you provide a high degree of operational management to ensure the food safety of all products being produced and packaged. While you are at it you’ll be building your network and expertise in a thriving environment of professional development and teamwork. And together we’ll shape a stronger future for our company and your career.
WHAT WILL I BE DOING?
In your role as a Plant Quality and Food Safety Manager at Kellogg, you will be part of our success by:.
• Ensuring the development, compliance, and certification of HACCP and other food safety programs for the facility
• Delivering the required standards of food safety according to both Kellogg and Regulatory policies, procedures, and practices
• Managing facility inspections, traceability, testing, vendor auditing, and microbial program compliance
• Ensuring key traceability, inspection program management, vendor management, and microbial program metrics are established, and delivering the established metrics and Key Performance Indicators
• Ensuring adherence to required food safety laws, regulations, corporate policies and practices
• Being accountable for food safety for all hours of operation and providing training for HACCP and food safety insuring compliance and execution of required programs.
• Ensuring adherence to all standard work processes, including K-LEAN processes
WHAT DO I NEED TO DEMONSTRATE?
As well as a hunger to learn and succeed in Research and Development, to be considered for this position you must be able to meet the following requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree in food science, microbiology, or other relevant degree and substantial experience in quality & food safety
• HACCP certification
• Technical knowledge of quality & food safety
• Strong written & verbal communication skills
• Proven ability to work well independently and as a member of a team
• Computer software skills to include Microsoft Office Suite
• Prior Quality and Food Safety leadership experience
• Experience in managing people and processes
• Food processing and packaging experience
WHAT ELSE DO I NEED TO KNOW?
The ability to work a full shift, come to work on time, work overtime as needed and the ability to work according to the necessary schedule to meet job requirements with or without reasonable accommodation is an essential function of this position.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, disability, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, sexual orientation, age, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Where required by state law and/or city ordinance; this employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. For additional information, please follow this Link at https://e-verify.uscis.gov/emp/media/resourcesContents/EverifyPosterEnglish.pdf for English or this Link at http://e-verify.uscis.gov/emp/media/resourcesContents/EverifyPosterSpanish.pdf for Spanish.
Title: Plant Quality and Food Safety Manager
Requisition ID: QUA000509
Job Function: Quality
Job Type: Professional
Closing Date: Oct 28, 2017, 11:59:00 PM