Kellogg Senior Financial Analyst Cereals BU in DUBLIN, Ireland
At Kellogg's we have a vision of enriching and delighting the world through foods and brands that matter; with the purpose of nourishing families so that they can flourish and thrive.
Operating in more than 180 countries, across 6 continents, with dedication and passion from each and every one of our 30,000 employees, we are extremely proud of our ever growing portfolio of over 1,600 food products, which include iconic brands such as Pringles, Frosties and Corn Flakes.
WHAT WILL I BE DOING?
You will partner with Category Marketing by providing a consolidated overview of Brand building spend, including an understanding of the variances, to ensure financial integrity of Category numbers. Also, you will support Senior FP&A and Delivery controllers by providing them with relevant detail/analysis and input relating to investment opportunities.
Within this role you will also have to:
• Review and analyse the consolidated overview of Cereal Category Total Brand Building [Non-working media, POS, agency, PR, nutrition, packaging, Media & Cluster below the line] for Actuals, Strategic Estimate and Budgets
• Manage the Central Brand Building Budget liaising with multiple budget owners on a monthly basis
• Understand and add insight to variance explanations for European Cereal BUs for the holistic Category Brand Building Spend for Actuals, Strategic Estimate and Budgets
• Partner with Marketing to develop detailed targets, based on higher level targets created by Delivery Controllers and FP&A Mgr
• Ensure a high level of control on the overall process, managing s404 deliverables (for KETL) & reviewing Balance sheet reconciliations
• Partner with Category Marketing to analyse and interpret Brand Building reporting and analysis from a holistic A&P budget perspective and provide commentary to leadership
• Support the Finance Delivery controllers and KSOP team in their assessment of their business opportunities within the KSOP cycle
• Support FP&A Mgr and Category Finance Delivery Controllers in reviewing KSOP risks and opportunities and driving action to maximize return on investment by providing analysis and inputs into decisions.
• Be the key point of contact for the Clusters on A&P local spend [via Regional GBS Cluster Category BPs] including challenging Clusters on any unexpected areas of change to spend
• Work with external agencies, where required, to ensure proper visibility and controls.
• Ensure brand building budgeting process is embedded in the overall financial planning process
• Drives continuous improvement across relevant processes
• Work on special projects and ad hoc analysis, as required [Recent example is the Mark Ops project]
• Provide innovation support to Innovation Finance Manager/ Category Finance Delivery
WHAT DO I NEED TO DEMONSTRATE?
• University degree in Finance/accountancy qualification and at least + 3/4 years of related finance experience
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office - Word, PowerPoint, Access and deep Excel skills
• Good commercial insight to help us to challenge, innovate and win with customers and consumers
• Strong influencing and analytical skills with good attention to detail
• Good communication skills: ability to work well with others in a team environment, work effectively in a multi-cultural environment and develop relationship at multiple levels
• Fluent English – verbal and written
• Experience of working in a fast paced, cross functional environment with tight turnaround times for deliverables
• Experience of working effectively in a virtual/multi-cultural team environment
If you experience any difficulty when applying please contact myHR@kellogg.com.
Please note that the closing date may be subject to change. We will interview suitable candidates as they apply, so please don’t hesitate to take this opportunity to submit your application as soon as possible.
If you would like to be immediately notified of new Kellogg's opportunities, please go to ‘Create or access my profile’ and complete the information required in the ‘Job Alerts’ section. You will then receive email alerts as soon as new jobs are advertised.
The Kellogg Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer who strives to provide an inclusive work environment that involves everyone and embraces the diverse talent of its people.
Title: Senior Financial Analyst Cereals BU
Location: Ireland-Republic of Ireland-Dublin
Requisition ID: FIN002780
Job Function: Finance & Accounting
Job Type: Professional
Closing Date: Aug 4, 2018, 3:59:00 PM
Relocation Assistance: No