Kellogg Associate Capital Project Manager in MANCHESTER, United Kingdom
HERE’S A TASTE OF WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
We are looking for an Associate Capital Project Manager to join our Engineering team for Kellogg Europe . You will take accountability to execute complex, critical or large capital projects, providing the necessary direction/leadership to ensure success and you have the opportunity to grow with us towards the role of a Capital Project Manager. In the role you will have a major impact on the implementation of our Marketing and Supply Chain initiatives through new product launches, productivity improvements and capacity increases across our manufacturing sites in Europe.
As a centralized engineering team overall we execute capital projects in different Kellogg sites in the UK, Belgium, Poland and Spain. We operate as a distributed team with offices in Mechelen (BE), Manchester (UK) and Dublin (IE). Due to the nature of the project management role, flowing to the work is essential, therefore the role can be located in either Media City, UK or Mechelen, Belgium, however a relocation allowance is not available.
• Following a mandate from Supply Chain or Business Leadership you will initiate capital projects. In an early stage you will ensure a complete assessment of business, financial, operating and technical considerations in order to support leadership decision on project feasibility. In the process you will be able to rely on both in-house and external technical expertise and will have to liaise with Kellogg Technology/Platform Leaders to ensure implementation of our long term manufacturing strategies.
• Overall you’ll be responsible to develop, align and execute the project charter in detail – controlling scope, cost, schedule, risk and performance criteria. In the process you will be able to build on external partnerships for the day-to-day supervision of projects (Engineering, Procurement and Construction Management)
• Construction management and safety form an extremely important role to keep our people and workers safe at all times, applying a zero tolerance approach to safety is a must.
• Keep close contact with the different stakeholders of the projects and foresees potential technical or business issues taking appropriate mitigation or escalation actions
• Actively leads and shapes the project team to ensure effectiveness and efficiency.
• Utilising the latest technology such as 3D modelling & scanning, Virtual Reality and exploring Industry 4.0/Internet of Things (IOT).
YOUR RECIPE FOR SUCCESS
• You have a passion for project management in a manufacturing environment
• Hold an engineering degree or prior equivalent experience (>4 years with a proven track record) in managing multiple projects while balancing priorities.
• Demonstrated Project management experience (Budget, Cash flow, Schedule & Scope management/delegation)
• Ideally to have prior experience within the food, FMCG or pharmaceutical industry
• Good written and verbal communication skills and ability to work across a variety of cultural, business and functional areas
• Able to work effectively in times of conflict and seek a mutually satisfactory outcome
• You welcome change and see it as an opportunity for improvement
WHAT ELSE DO I NEED TO KNOW?
• You can speak and write in English, knowledge of a second language would be advantageous.
• This role offers a high level of autonomy may require significant travel and may require extended work hours to meet business needs upon critical periods of the projects.
It’s best to apply today, because job postings can be taken down and we wouldn’t want you to miss this opportunity.
THE FINER PRINT
Please note that we will only accept applications that are made to us via our Careers site.
If you experience any difficulty when applying please contact European.Recruitment@kellogg.com
Please note that the closing date may be subject to change. We will interview suitable candidates as they apply, so please don’t hesitate to take this opportunity to submit your application as soon as possible.
If you would like to be immediately notified of new Kellogg's opportunities, please go to ‘Create or access my profile’ and complete the information required in the ‘Job Alerts’ section. You will then receive email alerts as soon as new jobs are advertised.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, disability, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, trans identity, marital status, sexual orientation, age, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Title: Associate Capital Project Manager
Location: UK-North West England-Manchester
Requisition ID: ENG000724
Job Function: Engineering
Job Type: Professional
Closing Date: Sep 21, 2019, 3:59:00 PM
Relocation Assistance: No