Kellogg Qualty and Food Safety Technologist (12 months FTC) in MANCHESTER, United Kingdom
Kellogg’s’ has built up an impressive portfolio of brands that can be found in many a kitchen across the globe. Brands including Rice Krispies®, Special K®, Nutri-Grain® and Crunchy Nut® – and of course our famous Cornflakes™.
Our Vision is to enrich and delight the world through foods and brands that matter.
Driven by our consumers, this is what we aspire to become and want to be on our best day. Our Purpose is nourishing families so they can flourish and thrive.
This makes Kellogg one of the world’s leading producers of cereals and snacks.
Kellogg products are synonymous with quality which are a key driver of our company culture and fully supported with the use of Lean Manufacturing techniques in all European manufacturing facilities.
The Food Safety Technologist executes the development and improvement of comprehensive Food Safety programmes, providing high customer service levels. The position develops and executes programmes that assist the facility in achieving corporate goals for food safety performance and ensuring compliance with company policies and applicable regulations.
A key part of the role is to provide clear visibility and plans to close out any identified gaps in food safety programmes against the company policies.
WHAT WILL I BE DOING?
Your principal duties and responsibilities will include:
• Leads the development, continuous improvement and training of site food safety and sanitation programmes to meet all BRC & MQFS requirements, company food safety standards, regulations and KPI's.
• Collaborates with the BU team to support the management of food safety incidents effectively and in a timely manner.
• Supports HACCP reviews, internal audits and document reviews to comply with company and certification standards.
• Co-ordinates and supports smaller food safety projects ensuring that the appropriate personnel are engaged, involved and accountable.
• Shares best practice in food safety systems with peers to develop the site's food safety programmes.
• Deputies for the Food Safety Practitioners where required.
• Responsible for tracking the adherence to Company standards of compliance to allocated company prerequisite programmes.
• Management of the site SSOP programs.
WHAT DO I NEED TO DEMONSTRATE?
• Educated to degree level in Food Science, Food Technology or at least 1 year experience in FMGC environment.
• Demonstrated knowledge and applied experience of auditing. Internal auditing or equivalent qualification is preferred.
• Demonstrated knowledge and applied experience of HACCP related systems. Level 3 HACCP qualification is key.
WHAT ELSE DO I NEED TO KNOW?
The position operates in a dynamic business structure and working environment with changing priorities. Occasional travel and out of hours working is required.
Please note that we will only accept applications that are made to us via our Careers site. If you experience any difficulty when applying please contact myHR@kellogg.com
Please note that the closing date may be subject to change. We will interview suitable candidates as they apply, so please don’t hesitate to take this opportunity to submit your application as soon as possible.
If you would like to be immediately notified of new Kellogg's opportunities, please go to ‘Create or access my profile’ and complete the information required in the ‘Job Alerts’ section. You will then receive email alerts as soon as new jobs are advertised.
The Kellogg Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer who strives to provide an inclusive work environment that involves everyone and embraces the diverse talent of its people.
GROW With Us.
Title: Qualty and Food Safety Technologist (12 months FTC)
Location: UK-North West England-Manchester
Requisition ID: QUA000682
Job Function: Quality
Job Type: Professional
Closing Date: Feb 8, 2019, 4:59:00 PM
Relocation Assistance: No